Sunday, December 28, 2008

Worry!

How much can one person worry?? I have never considered myself a worrier or an overly anxious person... but having a baby has brought all of that out in me. I never thought it was possible to worry so much about one person... is she sleeping too much, is she eating enough, is she peeing enough, is she too hot, too cold? anything and everything possible I can worry about! I don't know how to relax, I try really hard... but it just gets worse.

At first I was really good about letting people pass her around and not worrying... but now I just want to keep her to myself and not have everyone else passing her around and breathing all over her. I don't want her to catch something and get sick.

Speaking of sick, she has been worrying me this week because of that. Christmas night, after a full day of people passing her around she went to be around 2 after her feeding, then all of the sudden I heard her coughing and I picked her up- the next thing I knew she was projectile vomiting all over me, herself and all blankets and clothing in between. She did it again 2 more times on Boxing day. Since then she has been sleeping a fair amount and not wanting to eat a lot. I make her eat because I don't want her to get dehydrated- but I worry. Since she isn't wanting to eat a lot because she falls asleep I have let her nurse, and then pumped out the rest and given it to her by the bottle so I know she is getting it. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but in my eyes she is getting the milk and staying hydrated, so that's a good thing!! She has been a bit stuffy too- I notice it when she is eating- so we bought some hydraSense, it seems to loosen things up!

I hope my baby girl feels better soon and starts eating good again!!

Hopefully my next update will be soon!!

No comments: