Monday, December 1, 2008

Still Waiting

We are still waiting to get a call from the hospital to go in and start the oxytocin. I did go in earlier for some monitoring and an assessment- we were only there about an hour.

Unfortunately the Cervidil didn't do much other than start contractions- I was checked earlier and am still the same amount dilated as I was when they inserted it yesterday. :( The charge nurse earlier had to send me away again because they were too busy to start the induction, but she said I still couldn't go home home. So we have been hanging out at my sisters all day.

I called the hospital again about an hour ago and the charge nurse said there was a really good chance that I would get called in tonight to start the induction- so that is great!! Unless they get a bunch of walk in's in labor during shift change I should hopefully get a call soon!

As for me, I am still getting contractions- they are stronger than they were earlier, and mostly in my back, although my belly is also tightening and turning rock hard.

Hopefully I will soon be at the hospital hooked up to the IV.

I can't wait to meet my baby girl!!

No comments: