Monday, December 8, 2008

My poor Lily is in the hospital :(

Well no birth story today unfortunately... We are in the hospital :(

I knew Lily looked a little jaundiced, and her energy has been really low- we had a pediatrician appointment today and almost as soon as we were seen they had us heading to the hospital for a biliruben test. Well her levels came back at 404, when they should be well under 200. They immediately checked us in and had her put under the bililights. They were also concerned because her weight has dropped to 6.2lbs, when she was born at 7lbs and was 6.9lbs at discharge. They are having me feed her for 15 minutes on each side and then pump out the rest. We then use the pumped milk plus some formula to supplement her an additional 20cc's.

Her doctor came by tonight and said they will test her levels in the morning and weigh her again, hopefully she will have lower levels and will have gained some weight. If she responds well we could be out tomorrow night if we are really lucky... If not, hopefully the next day.

I am staying with her so I can feed through the night- but they don't provide any food for me- so DH brought me some food and snacks. I am soo tired, headachy and just drained. I keep tearing up seeing her in the incubator with the little sunglasses on.

I will update again soon!!

No comments: