Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I am a horrible blogger

I have been so bad at posting lately- I will get better... things have just been so busy and I have been soo tired.

Well I am officially 4 months pregnant and now am in week 17, here is what is happening with baby this week:
Your baby is now nearly 5.5 inches/ 13 centimeters long from crown to rump and weighs approximately 5 ounces/ 140 grams. Her skeleton is mostly rubbery cartilage, which will harden later. A protective substance called myelin slowly begins to wrap around the spinal cord. Your baby will begin to form fat this week. The fat begins to deposit under his skin and is important in heat production and metabolism. At delivery, fat will account for 2-6 percent of your baby's total body weight. This will help him maintain his body temperature when he is born.

I have been out getting some exercise lately and it feels great- so far its just been walking, but prenatal yoga starts next Tuesday and I am going to start riding my bike! It feels so good to be out and doing things!!

I will also be sure to post a belly pic this week when I get a chance!

No comments: