Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today's update

All went well at the ultrasound and my appointment, the baby is still head down and the placenta is still clear of my cervix. The fluid levels are low, but still ok. But now my blood pressure is high, which is something they need to watch closely because it has been sooo low. It explains why I have been so nauseous, hot and headachey this week, my ankles are also swelling a bit now. She didn't seemed worried, so I am not going to either (or at least I will try not to). We are still on track for December 1, 2, or 3rd- we will firm up a date at my next appointment depending on how my cervix is.

In sadder news one of my very close friends found out this week, at 10 weeks pregnant, that her baby's heart has stopped beating. I went to the emergency room with her on Monday night when she had a little bleeding, and then they had an ultrasound Tuesday morning and got the sad news. My heart is breaking for her and her husband- they were so happy and excited to be pregnant and now they are having to go through this. She is having a D&C tomorrow- I am going to go with her and her husband. I am so glad she is seeing Dr. O, I know that she will take great care of them and help them through this. I wish there was something I could do to help them, but I know it is hard and a horrible time and what they need most of all is time and space and just to know we are here for them.

No comments: