Wednesday, June 11, 2008

OB Appointment

I had an appointment with my OB today, it couldn't have come at a better time!

Yesterday I woke up with a headache and kinda felt like crap all day, I went for a dress fitting and got really hot and sweaty, apparently the colour drained from my face and I almost passed out... this happened 3 times. My MIL had to drive home. I felt a little bit better after eating supper, but it came back at later at night and the headache got so much worse. This morning I woke up with a pounding headache again- and i didn't sleep well :(

Anyways, I went to my regular OB appointment this morning and she said my blood pressure was really low, which is normal, and explains why I am feeling so crappy- she said to take it easy, eat more and regularly and to take it easy. In good news, she said everything came back great from the NT scan and the IPS. The baby's heart rate at the ultrasound was 160, and it was 162 on the doppler in her office today... I have heard that could indicate a girl :) We will find out the sex hopefully at my 20 week scan! My doctor also gave me a ton of reading material, hospital registration info and prenatal class information- its going to take awhile to get through it all. And the best news is she said now there is less than 2% chance of losing the baby- I feel such a relief!!

Tonight is my baby sisters university graduation party- I can't believe she is graduating... makes me feel super old, lol. I hope my headache lightens up by then, but I will be sure to take it easy tonight regardless.

Tomorrow night I am going to start walking with a friend in town who is also pregnant... I am looking forward to getting a bit of exercise- and their are very nice walking trails along the river in our town!

No comments: