Monday, June 9, 2008

13 Weeks!!

I have now completed 13 weeks and am in my 14th... the 2nd trimester starts this week, I can't believe it... my pregnancy is 1/3rd over- WOW. I thought it would take forever, but time is flying!!

Here is what is happening in this 14th week:

This week, the baby’s neck begins to lengthen a bit and it can grasp, squint, frown, and grimace. It may even be able to suck its thumb.. The digestive system practices moving food along the intestines and through the renal system and he can create and eliminate urine. He also continues to practice breathing the amniotic fluid in and out of his lungs. Your baby has tiny, soft nails on his fingers and toes, is growing . Also, your baby's blood is beginning to form in the bone marrow and blood vessels are beginning to connect various parts of the fetus to another. The joints and muscles allow your baby full body movement so your baby is able to move around. The baby's neck is getting longer and his chin is no longer resting on his chest. The eyes and ears continue to move into place. The hands are becoming functional and reflex movements often occur. Nourishment now comes from the placenta. Remember, some of what you eat and drink is getting through to your baby.

Here is a pic of DH and myself at a wedding we were at on Saturday... You can see my little belly in the dress. I was soo tired by the end of the night- I don't know how I am going to last at my sisters wedding in 2 weeks!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Congrats on reaching the 2nd tri! Your little belly looks so cute. :)