Monday, August 18, 2008

Week 24

I know I say this a lot, but I really can't believe I am in week 24!!

I have had a few more lovely things happening to me- I have been waking up with BRUTAL leg cramps in the middle of the night- the first time it happened I started screaming and begging DH to make it stop... finally it went away, but I am still limping a bit- the muscle feels really tight and bruised. I have also been experiencing many more headaches and upset stomachs. Lately I have been waking up with a sore throat and stuffy nose, but they have generally been gone by the time i get out of the shower, today however, they are still around- along with a foggy head and blah feeling- I think I have caught myself a summer cold!

Your baby this week:
By the end of this week, your child will be weighing around 2 lbs and 14 inches long. Your cutie-patootie may even be a little more plump, but isn't anywhere near their full baby-fatted cute-self. She will continue to gain weight in muscles, developing organs and the deposit of brown fat. The purpose of the brown fat is to retain body heat. Newborns are notoriously bad at regulating body temperature at first. This is particularly a problem for a baby born early. At the end of this week she could survive if born prematurely.

1 comment:

Ariella said...

You have reached viability!!!!! Congrats!

Sorry to hear about the leg cramps. I stretch every night to hopefully avoid them.