Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Surprise!!

I have decided to start this new blog because some of the people I know "In real life" don't know about my BFP yet!

If you are new to my blog, and want to know the history please feel free to leave me a comment and I will send you the link.

I am going to start this new blog picking up where I left off in the old one... I was cramping and spotting and had no idea why... I wasn't sure if it was an early period, an early miscarriage, or what... I had a blood work done at 7DPO and had a Progesterone level of 7 and a negative beta!

When I woke up on Thursday morning the cramping and spotting had subsided a bit, and I am not sure why, but I decided to POAS and to my shock and surprise there was a 2nd, very faint line... right away I peed on another... and the same thing... I called in DH and had him look at them to confirm their were in fact 2 lines- I also took a pic of them. They were just Internet cheapy tests so I decided to stop on my way to work and pick up a First Response test. I stopped at Wal-Mart, bought one, and peed in the bathroom there... right away 2 lines!! I had an extra requisition for a beta in my purse, so I stopped at the lab on my way in and had my blood taken... I also left a message for my doctor.

My doctor called awhile later and told me not to get my hopes up, but she would call as soon as she got the results. I didn't get a call until MONDAY!! In the meantime I think I peed on a dozen tests and they were all positive... even the digital!

When the doctor called on Monday morning and confirmed I am pregnant... all my beta's are below:
Beta #1: 23 (9DPO)
Beta #2: 122 (13 DPO)
Beta #3: 219 (15 DPO)

She also put me on progesterone suppositories and pelvic rest (no sex in 1st tri). I am willing to do whatever I can to make this work... I am so excited, nervous, scared and thrilled.

My first ultrasound is on April 30th!!

EDD according to the internet is Dec 18.


No comments: